Sunday, August 10, 2008

New Stuff

Mostly recovered from Comic Con and our temple Obon Festival, I got back into the "creation mode" this past week. I even have pictures of some-- despite having to battle the scanner for the past hour (I emerged victorious!!... at least, I finally got scans that didn't "auto crop" out what I was trying to show....). Still can't manage to get the Blogspot upload to arrange them properly... and also have two more crochet projects finished, which are too big to scan....



Day of the Dead bracelets-- the bottom one is nearly a quarter pound... so I made a "Lite" version, as well. Same number of beads, just smaller ones....

Soft sea colors-- A RAW "wiggle" bracelet (instructions in B&B special issue), an "Obon" bracelet-- it started out as another "woolie worm" style, like the DoD bracelets, but it looked "right" after the first pass of enhancements, so I managed to retstrain myself from adding the other rows I had laid out.... Abalone buttons for the closures on both. Also a ring with a peuote st band and a flower and leaf enhancement.







Cell phone charms and some twiddly whatnots that may be used later as components... or not. Anyway, it was easier to make them than sort out the beads and put them away properly.

4 comments:

A Beaded Affair said...

Wow, you are a lady of many talents. A 1/4 lb. bracelet sounds a bit heavy but if I wear it on my right arm it might improve my bowling.
Lois
http://www.abeadedaffair.com

Diane Geisel Reiki Master, formerly MyGemStoneBox by Diane said...

Day of the Dead bracelet is adoreable! I know a few lady teens that would adore this!
D
http://mygemstonebox.blogspot.com

Wezz said...

Good for you to stop working on the bracelet when you think it looks just right, even though you have extras laid out ready to put on! Beautiful work too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.